JP1111      Source of Strain:
Egan & RussellSex:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
1 Map Position:
96.80 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: galE45
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- galE45(GalS)-- is from strain PL5 of Buttin.
- fabI392(ts)-- is a temperature-sensitive mutation. Addition of 1% NaCl or 12.5% sucrose will reduce temperature sensitivity.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- fabI392(ts) was formerly called envM392
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- GalS = UDPGal accum.toxic if GalKRP+
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Egan, A.F., R.R.B. Russell 1973. Conditional mutations affecting the cell envelope of Escherichia coli K-12. Genet.Res. 21:139-152