JRG33      Source of Strain:
J.R. GuestOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: Δ(gpt-proA)62
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Herbert, AA, JR Guest 1968. Biochemical and genetic studies with lysine+methionine mutants of Escherichia coli: lipoic acid and alpha-ketoglutarate dehydrogenase-less mutants. J. Gen. Microbiol. 53(3):363-81.