ND40      Source of Strain:
F100-13 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: glnV0
(AS) Chromosomal Markers: ΔlacZ39
(strR), spoT1Strain Comments:
- Note the suprressor mutation on F100-13. This may be supE44. DE lacZ39 is a deletion of ~ 1/3 of lacZ. It has also been called lac4680.
- ΔlacZ39-- is a deletion of ca. 1/3 of the lacZ gene.
- trpA49(Am)-- is the amber mutation formerly called trp-8am by Brenner.
- rpsL150(strR)-- T to C transition mutation resulting in a K43R amino acid substitution.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Ohtsubo, E, MT Hsu 1978. Electron microscope heteroduplex studies of sequence relations among plasmids of Escherichia coli: structure of F100, F152, and F8 and mapping of the Escherichia coli chromosomal region fep-supE-gal-attlambda-uvrB. J. Bacteriol. 134(3):778-94.