TK2474/pAC-Ala(AS)      Source of Strain:
pAC-Ala(AS) Plasmid Markers/Mutations: alaW
, orip15A Plasmid Comment:
derived from pACYC184 (suppressor and promoter inserted into Tet site, making it tetS, CamR). Chromosomal Markers: lacZ82
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- 1.Please note this correction of a detail in the plasmid description in the
- 2.reference below. The plasmid was cut with AvaI and EcoRV, rather than EcoRI and HindIII as stated on p. 9591, for insertion of the suppressor gene into the plasmid pACYC184.
- lacZ82(Am)-- comes from strain Hfr 3000 X82. It is an amber mutation.
- Δ(kdpC-kdpA)18-- deletion has been called kdpABC5.
- argE-(Am)-- is suppressible by all of the characterized amber and ochre suppressors in Miller et a. 1977
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS* = synthetic amber suppressor mut
- Dorus, S., H. Mimura, W. Epstein 2001. Substrate-binding clusters of the K+-transporting Kdp ATPase of Escherichia coli investigated by amber suppression. J.Biol.Chem. 276:9590-9598