30SO      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
1 Map Position:
96.80 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: lacZ43
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Fs = Frameshift mutation
- Luria, S.E., J.N. Adams, R.C. Ting 1960. Transduction of lactose-utilizing ability among strains of E. coli and S. dysenteriae and the properties of the transducing phage particles. Virology 12:348-390
- Beckwith, J.R., A.B. Pardee, R. Austrian, F. Jacob 1962. Coordination of the synthesis of the enzymes in the pyrimidine pathway of E. coli. J.Mol.Biol. 5:618-634
- Bachmann, BJ 1972. Pedigrees of some mutant strains of Escherichia coli K-12. Bacteriol.Rev. 36(4):525-57.