Hfr 3000 X111      Source of Strain:
F. JacobOther Designations:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
1 Map Position:
96.80 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: Δ(gpt-lac)5
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- Δ(gpt-lac)5-- is the deletion Δ( pro-lac)X111 of Jacob and originated in the strain Hfr 3000 X111.
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Beckwith, J.R., E.R. Signer 1966. Transposition of the lac region of Escherichia coli. I. Inversion of the lac operon and transduction of lac by phi 80. J.Mol.Biol. 19:254-265