TKS4      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lac-64
- This is an EMS-induced lac- derivative of the strain described as W3899 nic- nam-11 his- in reference below.
- pncA1-- : nicotinamide requirement
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- pncA1 was formerly called nam-11
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Dickinson, E.S., T.K. Sundaram 1970. Chromosomal location of a gene defining nicotinamide deamidase in Escherichia coli. J.Bacteriol. 101:1090-1091