DK523      Source of Strain:
D. KennellOther Designations:
pJM589 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: bla
, rna Chromosomal Markers: Δ(argF-lac)169
, rna(Ω5kb)Strain Comments:
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- extends from mmuP through orfs preceding argF, through lac to mhpD, literally Δ(mmuP-mhpD)169. (Peters et al. 2003 JB 185:2017)
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- from strain Hfr3000 U169 was initially called ΔlacU169 and described as a lacZY mutation until found to include argF and lacI.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- endA1-- G to A transition mutation resulting in E208K amino acid substitution.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- rna(Ω5kb)-- is a 5kb insertion of rna plus flanking sequences from XhoI fragment of Kohara clone no. 166, in pUC19
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = good miniprep dsDNA quality
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- NalR = Nalidix.acidResist.
- ApR = ampicillin resistant
- Meador, J., D. Kennell 1990. Cloning and sequencing the gene encoding Escherichia coli ribonuclease I: exact physical mapping using the genome library. Gene 95:1-7