DK552      Source of Strain:
pJM(pUC18::rna) Plasmid Markers/Mutations: bla
, rna Plasmid Comment:
6.5 kb R1-BamH1 fragment from Kohara No. 166 clone, in pUC18 Chromosomal Markers: proC29
, mcrB1Strain Comments:
- Overproduces RNase I. Preferable to DK523 for large-batch cultures because 2 resistance markers gives more protection from contamination.
- rna-30::kan-- is a kan insertion 322 bp from start of rna coding region.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- proC29 was formerly called proC52
- proC29 was formerly called pro3-52
- = kanamycin resistant
- ApR = ampicillin resistant