BW20767      Source of Strain:
B.L. WannerOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: RP4-2(Km::Tn7,Tc::Mu-1)
, creC510Strain Comments:
- Same as ATCC Strain No. 47084
- RP4-2(Km::Tn7,Tc::Mu-1)-- The RP4-2 also has an ISR1 insertion element within the Tn135 transposon that inactivates the adjacent ampicillin resistance gene.
- RP4-2(Km::Tn7,Tc::Mu-1)-- integrated plasmid is Kan and Tet sensitive, due to the insertions in Tc and Km, and the Tn7 results in TRIM/aminopterin resistance and low level strR.
- leu-163::IS10-- This allele was created by selecting for a spontaneous TetS version of leu-63::Tn10
- ΔuidA3::pir+-- Allows the replication of plasmids with an R6Kγ origin of replication
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- endA1-- G to A transition mutation resulting in E208K amino acid substitution.
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- ΔuidA3::pir+ was formerly called uidA(Δ MluI)::pir+
- = good miniprep dsDNA quality
- Const = constitutive
- Metcalf, WW, W Jiang, LL Daniels, SK Kim, A Haldimann, BL Wanner 1996. Conditionally replicative and conjugative plasmids carrying lacZ alpha for cloning, mutagenesis, and allele replacement in bacteria. Plasmid 35(1):1-13.