CA8445-1      Source of Strain:
J.R. BeckwithOther Designations:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
1 Map Position:
96.80 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: λ-
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Brickman, E., L. Soll, J.R. Beckwith 1973. Genetic characterization of mutations which affect catabolite-sensitive operons in Escherichia coli, including deletions of the gene for adenyl cyclase. J.Bacteriol. 116:582-587
- Sabourin, D, J Beckwith 1975. Deletion of the Escherichia coli crp gene. J. Bacteriol. 122(1):338-40.