ES1481      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacZ53
, pur-Strain Comments:
- lacZ53(Am)-- is the Paris lac-Y14 amber.
- thyA36-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- pur--- : This strain requires adenine for growth on supplemented minimal medium. The Hfr grandparent carried purF1 but in a late-transferred region.
- = tetracycline resistant
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- Siegel, EC, SL Wain, SF Meltzer, ML Binion, JL Steinberg 1982. Mutator mutations in Escherichia coli induced by the insertion of phage mu and the transposable resistance elements Tn5 and Tn10. Mutat. Res. 93(1):25-33.