GM1674      Source of Strain:
F128-20 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: lacIp-4000(lacIQ)
(M15) Chromosomal Markers: Δ(gpt-lac)5
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- Δ(gpt-lac)5-- is the deletion Δ( pro-lac)X111 of Jacob and originated in the strain Hfr 3000 X111.
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- dcm-6-- has a Gln to Arg mutation,also a TGG to TGA termination mutation,which results in dcm-vsr message degradation and causes a Vsr- phenotype (Dar 1993).
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- M15 = alpha-complemented allele