EP432      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, zjd-2334::Tn10Strain Comments:
- This strain is sensitive to Na+ and should be grown on LBK medium(LB plus KCl (6.5 g/l) lacking NaCl).
- melB-(ts,LiD)-- allows growth on melibiose at 30 C, but not at 37 C; after several days at 37 C, spontaneous revertants will arise.
- ΔnhaB3::Cm was formerly called nhaB1
- = kanamycin resistant
- = tetracycline resistant
- LiD = lithium dependent
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Pinner, E., Y. Kotler, E. Padan, S. Schuldiner 1993. Physiological role of nhaB, a specific Na+/H+ antiporter in Escherichia coli. J.Biol.Chem. 268:1729-1734