CA254      Source of Strain:
S. BrennerOther Designations:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
1 Map Position:
96.80 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: lacZ13
, sup-65Strain Comments:
- lacZ13(Oc)-- is lacZ2 of Jacob, originating in Paris strain 3.320. It is an ochre, polar mutation.
- sup-65-- is Brenner's ochre suppressor called su+E.
- lacI22 was formerly called laci3-
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- Brenner, S., J.R. Beckwith 1965. Ochre mutants, a new class of suppressible nonsense mutants. J.Mol.Biol. 13:629-637