Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, deoC1Strain Comments:
- From Meselson via Brenner called S0 by Brenner i.e. parent of "S" series.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- thyA6-- : Even with Luria or other complete media, supplement with thymine.
- thyA6-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- cyn-101 was formerly called cyn-1
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Okada, T., K. Yanagisawa, F.J. Ryan 1960. Elective production of thymine-less mutants. Nature 188:340-341
- Okada, T., K. Yanagisawa, F.J. Ryan 1961. A method for securing thymineless mutants from strains of E. coli. Z.Vererbungsl. 92:403-412