XA22      Source of Strain:
S. BrennerOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: Δ(lacZ-lacI)28
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- The deletion of part of the lacZ and lacI genes is called deletion M116 by Beckwith et al.
- lacI22 was formerly called laci3-
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- BECKWITH, JR 1964. A DELETION ANALYSIS OF THE LAC OPERATOR REGION IN ESCHERICHIA COLI. J. Mol. Biol. 8:427-30.
- Newton, W.A., J.R. Beckwith, D. Zipser, S. Brenner 1965. Nonsense mutants and polarity in the lac operon of Escherichia coli. J.Mol.Biol. 14:290-296