2320      Source of Strain:
J. MonodOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacZ13
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- lacZ13(Oc)-- is lacZ2 of Jacob, originating in Paris strain 3.320. It is an ochre, polar mutation.
- lacI22 was formerly called laci3-
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Franklin, N.C., S.E. Luria 1961. Transduction by bacteriophage P1 and the properties of the lac genetic region in E. coli and S. dysenteriae. Virology 15:299-311
- Brenner, S., J.R. Beckwith 1965. Ochre mutants, a new class of suppressible nonsense mutants. J.Mol.Biol. 13:629-637