1101      Source of Strain:
Fox & WilsonOther Designations:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
1 Map Position:
96.80 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: λ-
, bglR11Strain Comments:
- ptsH1 was formerly called hpr-1.
- ptsH1-- results in strain phenotype of no growth on mannitol, very poor growth on glucose and good growth on glycerol plus cAMP
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Fox, CF, G Wilson 1968. The role of a phosphoenolpyruvate-dependent kinase system in beta-glucoside catabolism in Escherichia coli. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 59(3):988-95.