WG1012      Source of Strain:
W.B. DempseyOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacY1 or lacZ62
, rpsL104 or rpsL157
- pdxB5 is Dempsey's pdxB3.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Fs = Frameshift mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Dempsey, WB 1969. Characterization of pyridoxine auxotrophs of Escherichia coli: chromosomal position of linkage group I. J. Bacteriol. 100(1):295-300.