ER      Source of Strain:
E. ReichOther Designations:
F+ Chromosomal Markers: asnB32
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- This strain requires 100ug/ml L-asparagine.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- asnA31-- Reported to be an amber mutation
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Cedar, H, JH Schwartz 1969. The asparagine synthetase of Escherhic coli. I. Biosynthetic role of the enzyme, purification, and characterization of the reaction products. J. Biol. Chem. 244(15):4112-21.
- Felton, J, S Michaelis, A Wright 1980. Mutations in two unlinked genes are required to produce asparagine auxotrophy in Escherichia coli. J. Bacteriol. 142(1):221-8.