ALS217      Source of Strain:
F128-xx Plasmid Markers/Mutations: lacZ4796::Tn5
, lacIp-4003(IQ1) Chromosomal Markers: [araD139]B/r
, deoC1Strain Comments:
- [araD139]B/r-- The thr-leu region was transduced from an E. coli B/r strain (SB3118) in early steps of strain derivation; ara or in some strains ara-leu or thr-leu are from B.
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- extends from mmuP through orfs preceding argF, through lac to mhpD, literally Δ(mmuP-mhpD)169. (Peters et al. 2003 JB 185:2017)
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- from strain Hfr3000 U169 was initially called ΔlacU169 and described as a lacZY mutation until found to include argF and lacI.
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- flhD5301-- flagellar defect shown in Komeda and Iino
- Δ(fruK-yeiR)725(fruA25)-- : this fruA25 mutation deletes 29 codons of fruK, fruB and fruBKAp promoter to orf yeiR Peters et al. J.Bact.185:2017.
- Δ(fruK-yeiR)725(fruA25) was formerly called fruA25
- ::IS1 = insertion of IS1
- fruA25 = former designation
- SpcR = spectinomycin resistant
- = kanamycin resistant
- Warren, J., J. Walker, J.R. Roth, E. Altman 2000. Construction and characterization of a highly regulable expression vector pLAC11, and its multipurpose derivatives, pLAC22 and pLAC33. Plasmid 44:138-141