DF1671      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: eda-1
, pgi-2Strain Comments:
- 1. This strain can be grown in a minimal medium containing malate (25mM), glycerol (12.5 mM) and casamino acids (0.1%).It should not be grown in the presence of glucose, which selects revertants.
- 2.Reference: Hillman and Fraenkel 1975 J.Bacteriol.122:1175
- The strain must be monitored closely for revertants of eda-1 or pgi-2.
- pgi-2-- : pgi mutants utilize glucose by the hexose monoP shunt; strains with this allele grew on glucose at 1/3 parental rate. Slow growth on Gal,Mal,Lac;normal on Fru and gluconate.
- Fs = Frameshift mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Fradkin, J.E., D. Fraenkel 1971. 2-keto-3-deoxygluconate 6-phosphate aldolase mutants of Escherichia coli. J.Bacteriol. 108:1277-1283