DF40      Source of Strain:
D. FraenkelOther Designations:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
2A Map Position:
12.20 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: garB10
, creC510Strain Comments:
- We maintain this strain on a minimal medium containing 25 mM malate, 12.5 mM glycerol, and 0.1% casamino acids (Hillman and Fraenkel, 1975, J.Bacteriol.122:1175)
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- rrnB-2-- : loss of spacer loop sequence
- pgi-2-- : pgi mutants utilize glucose by the hexose monoP shunt; strains with this allele grew on glucose at 1/3 parental rate. Slow growth on Gal,Mal,Lac;normal on Fru and gluconate.
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- Const = constitutive
- T2R = T2 Resistant
- Fraenkel, DG, SR Levisohn 1967. Glucose and gluconate metabolism in an Escherichia coli mutant lacking phosphoglucose isomerase. J. Bacteriol. 93(5):1571-8.
- Fraenkel, DG 1967. Genetic mapping of mutations affecting phosphoglucose isomerase and fructose diphosphatase in Escherichia coli. J. Bacteriol. 93(5):1582-7.