DF1311      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
2A Map Position:
12.20 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: fhuA22
, creC510Strain Comments:
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- rrnB-2-- : loss of spacer loop sequence
- pgi-2-- : pgi mutants utilize glucose by the hexose monoP shunt; strains with this allele grew on glucose at 1/3 parental rate. Slow growth on Gal,Mal,Lac;normal on Fru and gluconate.
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- Const = constitutive
- T2R = T2 Resistant
- Kupor, SR, DG Fraenkel 1969. 6-phosphogluconolactonase mutants of Escherichia coli and a maltose blue gene. J. Bacteriol. 100(3):1296-301.