HB27      Source of Strain:
H. BoyerOther Designations:
F+ Chromosomal Markers: leuB6
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- This is a hybrid E. coli K-12 x E. coliB strain with E. coliB restriction and modification.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Boyer, H 1966. Conjugation in Escherichia coli. J. Bacteriol. 91(5):1767-72.