AB3446      Source of Strain:
F8-1 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: ts F Plasmid Comment:
F8-1 is a derivative of F8 with a temperature sensitive mutation in the F genetic material. Chromosomal Markers: λ-
, thi-2Strain Comments:
- 1.At 30 degrees C this strain is relatively stable for gal+, but there is some episome loss. Consequently, it is necessary to reisolate FTS clones often. At 42 degrees C the
- 2.temperature-sensitive F8-1 is lost almost completely. When colonies are incubated for more than 48 hours at 42 degrees C, small red papillae appear on the surface. On subculture these appear to be
- 3.temperature-stable F' strains.
- Ref. below (Ohtsubo and Hsu) is to F8. Lyophil opened 8/15/02
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- Ohtsubo, E, MT Hsu 1978. Electron microscope heteroduplex studies of sequence relations among plasmids of Escherichia coli: structure of F100, F152, and F8 and mapping of the Escherichia coli chromosomal region fep-supE-gal-attlambda-uvrB. J. Bacteriol. 134(3):778-94.