K12SH-28      Source of Strain:
Fangman & NovickSex:
F- Chromosomal Markers: glnX44
, deoA21Strain Comments:
- deoA21 was formerly called tpp-21.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Fangman, WL, A Novick 1966. Mutant bacteria showing efficient utilization of thymidine. J. Bacteriol. 91(6):2390-1.
- Bierne, H, D Vilette, SD Ehrlich, B Michel 1997. Isolation of a dnaE mutation which enhances RecA-independent homologous recombination in the Escherichia coli chromosome. Mol. Microbiol. 24(6):1225-34.