HfrH 165/70      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
1 Map Position:
96.80 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: λ-
- Derivation given p.9.2. Also called X1006, p.9.2.
- thyA11-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Bonhoeffer, F 1966. DNA transfer and DNA synthesis during bacterial conjugation. Z. Vererbungsl. 98(2):141-9.