AB4036      Source of Strain:
F42 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: lac Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, deoC1Strain Comments:
- dnaB454 = DNATS-454 (Bonhoeffer) = tsm-2 (Marinus).
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- thyA6-- : Even with Luria or other complete media, supplement with thymine.
- thyA6-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- dnaB454(ts) was formerly called tsm-2
- dnaB454(ts) was formerly called DNAts-454
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Marinus, MG, EA Adelberg 1970. Vegetative Replication and Transfer Replication of Deoxyribonucleic Acid in Temperature-Sensitive Mutants of Escherichia coli K-12. 104(3):1266-1272.