KL16-99      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
45 Map Position:
65.00 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: λ-
, deoB13Strain Comments:
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Low, K.B. 1968. Formation of merodiploids in matings with a class of Rec- recipient strains of Escherichia coli K12. Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci.USA 60:160-167
- Sancar, A, CS Rupert 1978. Determination of plasmid molecular weights from ultraviolet sensitivities. Nature 272(5652):471-2.
- Sancar, A., C.S. Rupert 1978. Correction of the map location for the phr gene in Escherichia coli K12 Mutat. Res. 51(1):139-143.