KL161      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
45 Map Position:
65.00 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: λ-
, deoB13Strain Comments:
- This strain has been tested for suppressors and none were found.
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- thyA24-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1