JC182      Source of Strain:
A.J. ClarkOther Designations:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
1, 12 Map Position:
96.71 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: λ-
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- This is Clark's "double male" strain, formerly called "D2". The position of PO 1 is shown above; that of PO 12 is between metC and rpoD.
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- purF1-- is a very stable mutation and may be an intragenic deletion.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Clark, A.J. 1963. Genetic analysis of a "double male" strain of Escherichia coli K-12. Genetics 48:105-120
- Low, K.B. 1968. Formation of merodiploids in matings with a class of Rec- recipient strains of Escherichia coli K12. Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci.USA 60:160-167
- Clark, A.J., W.K. Maas, B. Low 1969. Production of a merodiploid strain from a double male strain of E. coli K12. Mol.Gen.Genet. 105:1-15