KL84      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#: Map Position: Chromosomal Markers: λ-
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- This strain has been tested for suppressors and none were found. (Position of point of origin shown in this paper is misleading.)
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Low, K.B. 1968. Formation of merodiploids in matings with a class of Rec- recipient strains of Escherichia coli K12. Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci.USA 60:160-167