AB1909      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacY1 or lacZ4
, xyl-7 or xylA5
(Oc) or argH1Strain Comments:
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- Whitfield, CD, EJ Steers, H Weissbach 1970. Purification and properties of 5-methyltetrahydropteroyltriglutamate-homocysteine transmethylase. J. Biol. Chem. 245(2):390-401.