JLD2402      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: Δ(argF-lac)169
, Δfbp-287Strain Comments:
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- extends from mmuP through orfs preceding argF, through lac to mhpD, literally Δ(mmuP-mhpD)169. (Peters et al. 2003 JB 185:2017)
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- from strain Hfr3000 U169 was initially called ΔlacU169 and described as a lacZY mutation until found to include argF and lacI.
- rph-1-- is a 1 bp deletion that results in frameshift over last 15 codons and has polar effect on pyrE leading to suboptimal pyrimidine levels on minimal medium.(Jensen 1993 JBact.175:3401)
- zjf-920::Tn10-- cotransduces ca. 10% with fdp ( fbp) and 26% with pyrB. Shown by Nichols et al. to lie within orf yjcS, at nucleotide 4,303,986 (min. 95.757)
- Δfbp-287-- This deletion actually extends from ORFs ytfST-yjfF-fbp-mpl.
- zjf-920::Tn10 was formerly called zjg-920::Tn10
- = tetracycline resistant
- Donahue, J.L., J.L. Bownas, W.G. Niehaus, T.J. Larson 2000. Purification and characterization of glpX-encoded fructose 1, 6-bisphosphatase, a new enzyme of the glycerol 3-phosphate regulon of Escherichia coli. J.Bacteriol. 182:5624-5627