KL268      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
45 Map Position:
65.00 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: λ-
, deoB13Strain Comments:
- 1.Cautionary Note: An uncharacterized defect in strains KL267 and KL268 (and in some other derivatives of KL16) results in an inability to grow on appropriately supplemented minimal at 42C.
- 2. This defect is near the cysC region.
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- recA200(ts)-- is a temperature-sensitive mutation that can be tested for on plates of Luria Agar, modified to contain only 0.5 g/L NaCl, with 0.4 ug/ml mitomycin C at 42 C.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- ts = Temperature Sensitive