LS289      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: pro-48
, ilv-632Strain Comments:
- (This strain was erroneously designated "LS298" and strain LS282 was erroneously designated "LS289" in the reference below.)
- pro-48-- is probably in proB-.
- trpA9605(Am)-- is an amber mutation. It is suppressed by supD32.
- his-85(Am)-- is an amber mutation. It is suppressed by supD32.
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- trpR55-- is trpR2 of Yanofsky. It is a frameshift mutation. Trp levels are indistinguishable from those in trpR deletions or amber mutations (no functional repressor).
- his-85(Am) was formerly called his-29
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- Soll, L, P Berg 1969. Recessive lethals: a new class of nonsense suppressors in Escherichia coli. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 63(2):392-9.