KL304      Source of Strain:
M.C. CappelloOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: Δ(gpt-proA)62
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- glnS1 is a temperature-sensitive mutation. Growth stops immediately at 42 degrees C. This strain was made in the same way as was KL303 and is probably identical to KL303.
- hours of incubation. At 44 degrees C, the temperature sensitivity is more clear-cut. The glnS mutation reverts. The strain should be cloned and tested before use.
- This strain is temperature-sensitive at 42 degrees only on a medium containing a low salt concentration (e.g., Luria Agar modified to contain only 0.5% NaC1) and plates should be examined after 9
- glnS1(ts)-- is a temperature-sensitive mutation. Growth stops immediately at 42 degrees C. This allele reverts and the strain should be cloned and tested before use.
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Korner, A, BB Magee, B Liska, KB Low, EA Adelberg, D Soll 1974. Isolation and partial characterization of a temperature-sensitive Escherichia coli mutant with altered glutaminyl-transfer ribonucleic acid synthetase. J. Bacteriol. 120(1):154-8.