58-161, F-,SR      Source of Strain:
W. HayesOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: relA1
, creC510Strain Comments:
- Called F-Row by Fredericq because he got it from Rowley.
- Same as the strain CL142, of Ozeki et al. (1959) and Lewis & Stocker (1965)
- This strain is often used as a colicin sensitive indicator strain
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- Const = constitutive
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Hayes, W. 1953. Observations on a transmissible agent determining sexual differentiation in Bacterium coli. J.Gen.Microbiol. 8:72-88
- Clowes, R., W. Hayes 1968. Experiments in microbial genetics