58-161      Source of Strain:
F+ Chromosomal Markers: bio-1
, creC510Strain Comments:
- This is the original 58-161 and not the bio+, relA1 spontaneous derivative (strain W6) which was unwittingly called "58-161" for a number of years.
- bio-1(Unst)-- : This marker apparently reverts at high frequency
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- Const = constitutive
- Unst = unstable
- Tatum, E. L. 1945. X-ray induced mutant strains of Escherichia coli. Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci.USA 31:215-219
- Tatum, E. L., J. Lederberg 1947. Gene recombination in the bacterium. J.Bacteriol. 53:673-684
- Lederberg, J 1949. Aberrant Heterozygotes in Escherichia Coli. 35(4):178-84.