OS2101      Source of Strain:
Ohta & ShibuyaSex:
F- Chromosomal Markers: galK35
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- The temperature-sensitivity of growth of strains carrying pss-1 is remedied by certain concentrations of cations and sucrose without the restoration of normal phosphatidylserine synthesis.
- galK35-- is Brenner's gal-U99 from Hfr 3000 U99 and has been called galK99
- thyA33-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Ohta, A., I. Shibuya, B. Maruo 1975. Agric.Biol.Chem. 39:2443-0
- Ohta, A, I Shibuya 1977. Membrane phospholipid synthesis and phenotypic correlation of an Escherichia coli pss mutant. J. Bacteriol. 132(2):434-43.