MI262      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
1 Map Position:
96.80 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: leuB6
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- This strain is Ilv-. It has a partial requirement for diaminopimelate and lyses at temperatures above 38 degrees C.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- ilvG603(Act)-- is an insertion mutation which activates the ilvG gene.
- ilvG605(Am)-- is an amber mutation.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Act = activates the Gene
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- Guardiola, J, M De Felice, M Iaccarino 1974. Mutant of Escherichia coli K-12 missing acetolactate synthase activity. J. Bacteriol. 120(1):536-8.
- De Felice, M, C Squires, M Levinthal, J Guardiola, A Lamberti, M Iaccarino 1977. Growth inhibition of Escherichia coli K-12 by L-valine: a consequence of a regulatory pattern. Mol. Gen. Genet. 156(1):1-7.
- De Felice, M., J. Guardiola, W. Schreil, M. Levinthal, M. Iaccarino 1977. Metabolic interlock between the acetolactate synthase isoenzymes and lysine biosynthesis in Escherichia coli K-12. Mol.Gen.Genet. 156:9-16
- Lawther, R.P., D.H. Calhoun, J.E. Gray, C.W. Adams, C.A. Hauser, G.W. Hatfield 1982. DNA sequence fine-structure analysis of ilvG (IlvG+) mutations of Escherichia coli K-12. J.Bacteriol. 149:294-298