DF261      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
2A Map Position:
12.20 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: garB10
, creC510Strain Comments:
- 1.This strain can be grown in a minimal medium containing malate (25mM), glycerol (12.5 mM) and casamino acids (0.1%). It should not be grown in the presence of glucose, which selects for revertants.
- 2.Reference: Hillman and Fraenkel 1975 J.Bacteriol.122:1175
- eno-2-- : Mutations in the eno, gap, and pgk genes all revert and must be monitored closely; they should not be grown in media containing glucose.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- rrnB-2-- : loss of spacer loop sequence
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- Const = constitutive
- T2R = T2 Resistant