BS40cydA85      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: Δpro-3
, Δ(gpt-lac)5 or Δ(cod-lacI)6
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- The cross used in constructing this strain either brings in the pro-3 and Δ (cod-lacI)6 deletion from CD4 or leaves the Δ (gpt-lac), aka (pro-lac), deletion of the S90C parent.
- Δpro-3-- is proA or proB.
- cydA85-- : C to T mutation at base position 770934. It suppresses the temperature sensitive cell death in dnaE74 cells.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = tetracycline resistant
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Strauss, B., K. Kelly, T. Dincman, D. Ekiert, T. Biesieda, R. Song 2004. Cell death in Escherichia coli dnaE(Ts) mutants incubated at a nonpermissive temperature is prevented by mutation in the cydA gene. J.Bacteriol. 186:2147-2155