CA273      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
1 Map Position:
96.80 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: lacZ125
, spoT1Strain Comments:
- lacZ125(Am)-- is the amber mutation from Zipser's strain NG125 and Brenner's CA274. It was formerly called lac125am by Brenner. In `interval 6' of Newton et al. JMB 14:290 (1965).
- lysT76(OS)-- distal tRNALys has mutated to ochre by single base change at the anticodon (U36 to A36)
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- trpA49(Am)-- is the amber mutation formerly called trp-8am by Brenner.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- lysT76(OS) was formerly called sup76
- lysT76(OS) was formerly called suβ+
- lysT76(OS) was formerly called supG76
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- OS = ochre(UAA) suppressor
- Stretton 1966. Cold Spr.Harb.Symp.Quant.Biol. 31:173-0
- Eggertsson, G., D. Soll 1988. Transfer ribonucleic acid-mediated suppression of termination codons in Escherichia coli. Microbiol.Rev. 52:354-374