KLC436      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: λ-
, met-184Strain Comments:
- thyA36-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- ssb-1(ts)-- : this mutation results in failure to grow at 42 C on minimal for an F- strain and UV sensitivity, but presence of the F factor allows growth at 42C and increases UV resistance.
- met-184-- leaky Met requirement
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Vales, L.D., J.W. Chase, J.B. Murphy 1980. Effect of ssbA and lexC113 mutations on lambda prophage induction, bacteriophage growth, and cell survival. J.Bacteriol. 143:887-896