BW18920      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: araBAD-0
, ilv-1Strain Comments:
- his-85(Am) was annotated in this strain as his-29(Am), but we are not sure that the original his-29 is an amber mutation, and we are speculating that the amber allele shown is the one in this strain.
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- from strain Hfr3000 U169 was initially called ΔlacU169 and described as a lacZY mutation until found to include argF and lacI.
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- extends from mmuP through orfs preceding argF, through lac to mhpD, literally Δ(mmuP-mhpD)169. (Peters et al. 2003 JB 185:2017)
- trpA9605(Am)-- is an amber mutation. It is suppressed by supD32.
- Δ(dgsA-manA)726-- Deleted region includes at least dgsA,ynfLM,asr,ydgDEFG,pntBA,ydgHIBC,rstAB,tus,fumCA,manA
- zdg-232::Tn10-- at ca. 36 min., Barry Wanner Personal communication. 74% recomb. with tus (RGL, pers.comm. Nov 22 05:30:48 2006)
- his-85(Am)-- is an amber mutation. It is suppressed by supD32.
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- his-85(Am) was formerly called his-29
- = tetracycline resistant
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- Const = constitutive
- Metcalf, W.W., W. Jiang, B.L. Wanner 1994. Use of the rep technique for allele replacement to construct new Escherichia coli hosts for maintenance of R6Kgamma origin plasmids at different copy numbers. Gene 138:1-7