BW19851      Source of Strain:
B.L. WannerOther Designations:
S17-1 -like Su-Sex:
F- Chromosomal Markers: RP4-2(Km::Tn7,Tc::Mu-1)
, creC510Strain Comments:
- This strain differs from S17-1 in that it is suppressor-negative and carries pir as an insertion in the uidA gene rather than as λ pir.
- RP4-2(Km::Tn7,Tc::Mu-1)-- The RP4-2 also has an ISR1 insertion element within the Tn135 transposon that inactivates the adjacent ampicillin resistance gene.
- RP4-2(Km::Tn7,Tc::Mu-1)-- integrated plasmid is Kan and Tet sensitive, due to the insertions in Tc and Km, and the Tn7 results in TRIM/aminopterin resistance and low level strR.
- ΔuidA3::pir+-- Allows the replication of plasmids with an R6Kγ origin of replication
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- endA1-- G to A transition mutation resulting in E208K amino acid substitution.
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- ΔuidA3::pir+ was formerly called uidA(Δ MluI)::pir+
- = good miniprep dsDNA quality
- Const = constitutive
- Metcalf, W.W., W. Jiang, B.L. Wanner 1994. Use of the rep technique for allele replacement to construct new Escherichia coli hosts for maintenance of R6Kgamma origin plasmids at different copy numbers. Gene 138:1-7