HMS180      Source of Strain:
J.W. CampbellOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: λ-
, hsdR19Strain Comments:
- thyA36-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- rph-1-- is a 1 bp deletion that results in frameshift over last 15 codons and has polar effect on pyrE leading to suboptimal pyrimidine levels on minimal medium.(Jensen 1993 JBact.175:3401)
- rifR = rifamycin resistance
- Campbell, JL, CC Richardson, FW Studier 1978. Genetic recombination and complementation between bacteriophage T7 and cloned fragments of T7 DNA. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 75(5):2276-80.